There are many myths about advertising that most people usually get twisted. They view marketing as such a negative thing, but in the end, almost everyone performs some sort of marketing. Did you ever visit a restaurant and were in shock by how much you loved it? Did you suggest your new favorite dining place to your friends? Did the eatery pay you for advertising their place? I’m sure they did not. Marketing is so important for any business to grow into a thriving industry!
4 Ideas About Advertising That Are False
- “We can’t afford it”
- Affordable advertising is readily accessible and is more effective than you might believe. In fact, it is far more likely that your company can’t afford NOT to promote and advertise. The cost of advertising will begin to look more and more inexpensive after you comprehend the added amount of revenue and business with advertising.
- Advertising is used to trick people into purchasing things
- Advertisers abide by a strict set of rules so that they will not be accused of false or misleading advertising. There are those that hold an opinion that relying on advertising is wrong, but how else would advertisers promote their new products. Advertising is a great way to advertise new products, or products that have recently received magnificent reviews.
- People ignore paid ads
- Many individuals might feel that paid ads tend to get ignored, but Google can attest to that. Google has been able to steadily generate 30 billion a year by ways of paid advertisements. Constantly seeing the same advertisement on the computer screen will most likely cause someone to remember the brand.
- “Our company has enough business”
- When did someone ever say that? NEVER. You, as a company, can never have enough business! Growing as a company is what everyone in that company is working towards. “Enough business” should never be anyone’s goal.
Print publications, direct mailing, and most importantly affordable advertising are three things that the Target Shopper will provide for your business. The Target Shopper will help to stop people from believing the common myths about advertising. Advertising will only help the company continue to grow and flourish!